If you are using WordPress for your blog, chances are you are always looking for the best WordPress plugins out there. There are so many to choose from that it is easy to go overboard. Which WordPress plugins are our favorites?
- WordPress Database Backup – If you have ever lost data on a website you know this is the number one WordPress plugin you should install. You can set up automatic backups with this plugin that will be mailed to you on a regular basis.
- WP Super Cache – Google will “like” your blog better if it loads faster, not to mention your regular readers. WP Super Cache loads everything faster, making it a “must have.”
- Askimet – Who hates spam, raise your hands! Askimet is the first thing I load on to all of my new blogs. It fights spam before you even see it!
- WordPress Related Posts – Once your visitors finish reading a post they can see “Related Posts” on your blog. This plugin can keep visitors on your site, which is something every blogger wants.
- Tweet Count – Tweet count allows users to easily Tweet a post from your blog and also shows off how many Tweets you already have.
- All In One SEO Pack – SEO will help you to rank higher in the search engines. This plugin gives you an easy way to add key words, titles and descriptions that will help you to get more traffic in the long run.
- Adsense Optimizer – It isn’t easy to get your adsense ads exactly where you want them in your WordPress blog. Adsense Optimizer is an invaluable tool that will place ads randomly inside your posts. You can customize it to your liking, and I have found I get more clicks with this plugin than with standard ad code placed in my templates.
A word of caution for those who love plugins. Sometimes you can have too many, bogging your website down and making it “unfriendly” to both readers and search engines. You can also install a plugin that will allow your blog to be hacked. When selecting a plugin, research it and look for one that has many positive reviews.
What are your favorite WordPress plugins?